Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait I_vote_lcapPhotomanipulation/touchup - Portrait I_voting_barPhotomanipulation/touchup - Portrait I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait I_vote_lcapPhotomanipulation/touchup - Portrait I_voting_barPhotomanipulation/touchup - Portrait I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait

+2
CY
Fel
6 posters

Go down

Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait Empty Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait

Post by Fel Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Before and after of a photo manipulation/touchup.
Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait Beforeafter

For those who have a background in Photoshop, this will be an easy one to get as i wont be going into detail about what each tool does but rather the step i usually take to make adjustments.

There are times where your models feature might be distorted by the angle or the pose that she does. in such cases where the distortion makes the face looks weird, its best to do some photo manip to make it look it look balanced again. Such poses include sleeping, bent over, etc.. anything where gravity or pressure is present there will be slight distortion. well sometimes it could just be a plumpish model with not so perfect body/face. This trick works either way ^__^

Tools/filters i will be touching on are:
1) Stamp tool - Found in the tool box. Looks like a rubber stamp icon.
This will be your best best friend. Forget about the amateur blur tool. The blur tool should be used sparingly as it doesn't help much other then make your photos a blurry mess. To use stamp tool, zoom in, don't be lazy. copy similar coloured schemed patches relatively close to the area u wish to cover. use about 20-30% pressure with as feathered round brush. Select an average sized brush for the work. not too small as it will cause spotting n not too big or the shadow/contour will be lost.

2) Liquify filter - Found in the list at top of screen under Filter>Liquify
After selecting Liquify a new window will pop up. Now select a suitable sized brush and pressure. this filter allows u to somewhat reconstruct the image. use carefully and sparingly or u will get very obviously altered edges. Takes practice and experience to know where to start pulling from and how much to pull. Once done, ok and exit. u can 'undo' n 'redo' to see the difference. i enjoy doing this to see the before and after effect XD.

3) Burn tool - Found in tool box. Its just bellow the Gradient tool. It might be hidden in the list along with the 'dodge' and 'sponge' tools. The burn tool is the shape of a pinching hand. Adjust it to about 30% on shadows located at the top of working window. Run brush over eyebrow and lashes that have been washed out by the flash and to give the face a more defined look. This tool can also be used to create shadows and contouring. Careful though as too much makes it fake. The 'dodge' works in the opposite of this 'burn' tool.

Below is an example done in 4 steps. This obviously doesn't include the optional colour adjustments and other tweaking like sharpen and etc.
Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait Tutsteps
1) This picture is taken in a pitch black karaoke room and the only light was from the flash. Do note the flash tends to washout things like hair,eyebrows and lashes. it also makes oily skin look more obvious. Notice how gravity and pressure on the left side of the cheek has made it somewhat distorted? That's what u will have to clean up.

2) Clean up of pimples, uneven skin tones and discolouration around eyes using the stamp tool. Side of face fixed and lips have been pulled down a little to compensate for the initial gravity pull using the Liquify filter.

3) Use the Burn tool to run over eyelashes and eyebrows that have been washed out by the flash.

4) Use stamp tool to clean up lines on neck. Dont clean all off!! Use the burn tool to add back some shadow to compensate for the lost ceases. You should have some understanding of a human figure structure (muscle/bones) and how it affects shadows being cast or this step should be skipped.

There are many other steps to get the finished product but im just gona stop here.
Fel
Fel
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait Empty Re: Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait

Post by CY Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 pm

perfect nice tutorial butta~!
CY
CY
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

Back to top Go down

Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait Empty Re: Photomanipulation/touchup - Portrait

Post by simmon Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:11 am

This guide helps a lot cheers
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fel Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:28 pm

thanks but i think its only IF u know the basics of photoshop or its probably gibberish XD. Didnt have time to do shots n stuff.
Fel
Fel
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by WanTing Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Magic!!!! Thanks!!!! hahaha useful knowledge
WanTing
WanTing
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:53 am

Very useful information to all of use in post processing process... thanks for sharing~ Smile
Fred
Fred
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by derricklim Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:14 am

oh cool fel... thanks...
will practise...
derricklim
derricklim
Colonel
Colonel

http://de-pixeldesigns.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fel Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 am

most welcome pray
Fel
Fel
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down