Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen I_vote_lcapKatz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen I_voting_barKatz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen I_vote_lcapKatz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen I_voting_barKatz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen

2 posters

Go down

Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen Empty Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen

Post by eddytan Wed May 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Have anyone used, tried, felt, seen, heard of it?
How is the performance? It helps manual focus effectively? Anyone encounter problem with AF or metering after installing it?
I've some interest in it but just unknown of the results on my D90.
Shashinki sells at : RM585
Katzeye sells at : USD105 (RM350) but have to ship it back to Malaysia yourself.

Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen D80_Viewfinder

Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen 2673056972_4c2866c8aa

Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen 43100d1252879881-some-pentax-focusing-screens-cimg2996-jpg

Info from website for D80/90:
Viewfinder Markings

The KatzEye™️ focusing screen for the Nikon D80 and D90 has NO effect on existing viewfinder information. All viewfinder markings, including focusing points and on-demand gridlines will still function normally.
Live View & Movie Modes

Live View and movie modes in the D90 model continue to function normally with the installation of the KatzEye screen. No changes will occur.
Metering Information

The KatzEye™️ focusing screen for the Nikon D80/D90 shows only a very minimal effect on light metering. In our testing, the KatzEye™️ screen tested within +/- 1/3 stop of nominal (factory tolerance). The only exception is when using spot metering mode with lenses having a maximum aperture slower than f3.5 (higher numerical f-stop). With lenses slower than f3.5, it is advisable to use either center weighted average metering or matrix metering to preserve accurate meter response. In the event that spot metering mode must be used with a slow lens, it is advisable to set an appropriate exposure compensation by reading the histogram of a test shot. Please note that metering testing was performed with the D80 model, and while D90 results are reasonably expected to be similar, users of the D90 are strongly encouraged to check the histogram of a test shot before beginning any critical work.
eddytan
eddytan
Soldier
Soldier

http://www.ed5place.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen Empty Re: Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen

Post by chaukian Wed May 26, 2010 9:57 pm

i personally encouraged you to trust ur own eyes rather than use the focusing screen... perfect
i used one b4(3rd party brand, nt katz). Yes, It indicates accurately whether the subject is in focus..but under low light condition, it will be hard coz the viewfinder becomes dark..the stopping down of aperture of manual lenses will make the viewfinder becomes very dark as well...
Another thing is, most of the time, the screen will only be clear at the middle part...
Unless u ar willing to keep changing between the katz sceen and ur ori screen, it will be hard to shoot everything using the katz sccreen..
AF and metering works fine...one more thing is, the risk of getting ur ori screen dirty is very high...n its hard to clean them afterwards..
chaukian
chaukian
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen Empty Re: Katz Eye Optics Split Prism Focusing Screen

Post by eddytan Wed May 26, 2010 10:22 pm

woo...
the case of screen becomes dark at small aperture happens instantly when you turn the aperture wheel on the camera body? Or it only happen if you turn the aperture ring on the lens?
In low light condition, the viewfinder is dark? Dun get it quite. If using the original screen, will be showing brighter at viewfinder?
haha... keep changing the screen is very very troublesome. that's why i want to ask 1st before making up my mind Smile
eddytan
eddytan
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by chaukian Thu May 27, 2010 1:18 am

it becomes dark when u turn the aperture wheel on the lens..coz ur aperture closed down ma...when it goes to around f11, it will be hard to see ur subject clearly..

last time i gt frustrated when i need to change back my original focusing screen coz no matter hw many times i cleaned my ori screen, ther ar still visible dust or fingerprint on the screen...

i belif u can see clearly whether ur subject is in focus n sharp when using ur d90 coz the viewfinder is big enough...

those screen are so expensive angry
chaukian
chaukian
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by eddytan Thu May 27, 2010 5:34 pm

icic... means if i turn the aperture ring on the camera even to f11 oso still can have a bright viewfinder la. haha...
so geng... when i use reverse lens, i turn to f8 already cant see anything liow. Laughing
i think need to keep the ori screen in a dust proof container and dun use hand to handle it. better use clipper when handling.
yeah.... price is really angry
eddytan
eddytan
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by chaukian Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 pm

the surface of the screen could attract fingerprints and dust easily...its still a nightmare for me..lol...since then i swear i wont change the screen of my digital cam again...but if u plan to change it on SLR, then still ok la..haha..
chaukian
chaukian
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by eddytan Thu May 27, 2010 8:28 pm

ok. thanks for the info.
will consider and reconsider before making the change Wink
eddytan
eddytan
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down