Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight I_vote_lcapMalaysians can observe meteor shower tonight I_voting_barMalaysians can observe meteor shower tonight I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight I_vote_lcapMalaysians can observe meteor shower tonight I_voting_barMalaysians can observe meteor shower tonight I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight

2 posters

Go down

Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight Empty Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight

Post by Li Ren Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight
By K. KASTURI DEWI

kasturidewi@thestar.com.my

GEORGE TOWN: Malaysians will be able to sight up to a total of 100 Perseid meteors per hour streaking across the northern sky in the wee hours of Thursday morning.

Universiti Sains Malaysia’s Astronomy Atmospheric Science Unit lecturer Assoc Prof Dr Chong Hon Yew said that according to the International Meteor Organisation (IMO). the meteor shower is expected to best viewed from 1.30am to 4am on Thursday.

“The shower could have started on July 24 and is expected to be observed until Aug 17.

“It is however predicted that during the peak viewing time (Thursday morning), the moon will be high in the sky, outshining the fainter meteors.

“There is a good chance for observers to spot the brighter meteors however,” he said on Wednesday.

Dr Chong also hoped the weather would be favourable for the Perseids to be seen.

Those who miss tomorrow’s meteor shower may still catch a “lesser version” after midnight Thursday, or early Friday morning.

Dr Chong said the Perseids are a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Swift-Tuttle which are usually fast, bright and occasionally leave persistent trains.

“The point they come from lies in the constellation of Perseus,” he said.

The Perseid meteor shower has been observed for about 2,000 years, with the first known sighting coming from the Far East.

Every year in August, the Earth passes through rock and dust fragments left behind by the comet Swift-Tuttle. As these small particles collide with the Earth’s atmosphere, they burn up, often creating a startling streak of light across the sky.

The shower is visible from mid-July each year, with the greatest activity between Aug 8 and Aug 14, peaking at about Aug 12.

Dr Chong said the meteor shower can be observed with the naked eye.

Photonians,sleep now and get up during the wee hour to catch meteor shower.. camera
Li Ren
Li Ren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight Empty Re: Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight

Post by Li Ren Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Anyone got the meteor rain's shots?? cheers
Li Ren
Li Ren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight Empty Re: Malaysians can observe meteor shower tonight

Post by simmon Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Huh, i just read it Sad any chance of getting tomorrow?
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Li Ren Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Those who miss tomorrow’s meteor shower may still catch a “lesser version” after midnight Thursday, or early Friday morning.
Try your luck then.....
Li Ren
Li Ren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down