Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) I_vote_lcapWeird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) I_voting_barWeird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) I_vote_lcapWeird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) I_voting_barWeird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II)

4 posters

Go down

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) Empty Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II)

Post by perrygan Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:54 pm

1. Solar Powered Nudie.

These Nudies are know to ingest coral polyps in their early lives so that the algea that normally reside in the corals would reemerge (migrate) after the digestions and survive by clinging on to the inner walls of the Nudies' cerata (mantles) and continue on with the photosyntesis process. Which in turn produces energy. The result of it is that the Nudies get free lunches everyday and have no need to feed or work....

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh59

2. The beautiful flowery marks are the algea, that same ones which give the corals their vibrant colours. Here the orange sheen is equally tentalising.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh60

3. Two Emperor Shrimps hitching a ride on a huge Malibe Fimbriata (a kind of nudie)

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh57

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh58

4. Risbecia tryoni

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh54

5. You, me and Marley

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh55

6. Honey....Its not fair that Marley is always scratching your back.....

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh56

7. Hypselodoris infucata

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh50

8. Glossodoris rufomarginata

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh53

9. Chromodoris reticulata

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh52

10. Chromodoris willani

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh51

11. Chromodoris lochi (pink and yellow gills)

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh48

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh47

12. Nembrotha chamberlaini

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh49

13. Nembrotha cristata

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh46

14. Nembrotha yonowae
Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh61

15. Ceratosoma tenue

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh62

16. Box Crab

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh72

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh73

17. Elbow Crab, appearing just like a piece of dead leaf

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh74

18. Orang Utan Crab, hiding among the Bubble Corals

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh71

19. Porcelain Crab

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh70

20. A Decorator Crab. You can hardly pin point any of its body parts because the whole body was laden with different kinds of Coral Polyps, sponges and god know what other substrates.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh69

21. Long Armed Spider Crab

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh68

22. Arrow Crab

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh67

23. Carrier Crab bench-pressing a Long Spine Red Urchin

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh66

24. Soft Coral Crab hiding among the Carnation Soft Coral

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh63

25. A Long Legged Squat Lobster

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh65

26. Pink Hairy Squat Lobster

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh64

27. Upside down Jellyfish

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh99

28. A yellow Thorny Seahorse

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh98

29. A pink pygmy seahorse, notice there is a ladybug amphipod on top of the branch just right behind the seahorse. There were many lurking around, as seen from other pics.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh97

30. A Hermit Crab, In a shell that is embellished with huge coral polyps

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh100

31. Ooops....Pop goes the Corals, sorry guys............. Wardrobe Malfunction!

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh101

32. Conch Shell

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh102

33. Finger nail sized Bobtail Squids

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh94

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh95

34. A baby Cuttlefish clutching at a stalk.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh96

35. Eggs (just about to be hatched) of a
Flamboyant Cuttlefish

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh85

36. A Mimic Octopus, the mascot of Lembeh Strait. This octupus has been known to mimic (instead of camorflage) the looks and actions of: Flouders, Jellyfish, Sea Star, Sea Snakes, Lionfish etc.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh87

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh88

37. The Long Armed Octopus

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh92

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh93

38. Veined Octopus (Aka. Coconut Octopus as it has been known to live in discarded cocunut shells) Here we see them using Scallop shell, Conch shell and Clam shell as their makeshift house.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh91

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh90

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh89

39. Two Whip Coral Shrimps on a Whip Coral

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh83

40. A Whip Coral Shrimp spotted with a round "hump" or "pouch" on its back. I have no idea what to make of it, could it be an egg?Add a captionA Whip Coral Shrimp spotted with a round "hump" or "pouch" on its back. I have no idea what to make of it, could it be an egg?

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh84

41. A commensal Emporer Shimp on a Sea Star. Notice the colouration of the shrimp is close to the host, an effective camorflage.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh82

42. 10,9,8,7.........Make sure you hide properly cause we a coming to get you. (A pair of Anemone Cleaner Shrimps playing hide and seek).

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh81

43. Anemone Shrimp...this one is a mum to be

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh80

44. A baby Harlequin Shrimp, which feed exclusively on the Sea Stars. Notice its diminutive size placed before the tip of a screwdriver.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh77

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh78

45. A burrowing Mantis Shrimps, which are known sometimes to attack the camara dome port. Their claws are so powerful that they can crack the dome port in split seconds.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh75

46. A most peculiar Mantis Shrimp. Not identified yet. Neon Orange in colour, captivating to say the least.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh76

47. A Bobbit Worm. A nortonal worm about 7 to 9 feet long. Ambush predators feed on small fish and invertabrates. Notice its scissorlike mouth known to snap shut in breakneck speed mauling its pray before taking them in as food. This one should be rename the "Jaws 2"

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh86

48. A Bristle Worm. scavengers and meat eaters

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh103

49. A poisonous Flower Urchin

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh105

50. A Heart Urchin

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh104

51. A colony of sea squirts, aka. the Ascidians. some sort of sponge-like substances, taking in the nutrients in the water, flush out the filtered water.

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) BunakenLembeh106

perrygan
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) Empty Re: Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II)

Post by Jameslye Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

thank you so much perry for sharing these wonderful photos,i ve decided to get my padi open water asap.
Jameslye
Jameslye
General
General

http://www.lebainspa.info

Back to top Go down

Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II) Empty Re: Weird and Wonderful Underwater world of North Sulawesi (Part II)

Post by perrygan Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Really James? the power of "a thousand words". Good on you and if you need help to look for an experienced PADI instructor contact me. I know one with 3500 dives under his belt.

perrygan
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameslye Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:04 pm

yup,but it seems like very rushing for me to do it this year,i think i ll get the PADI license on the next season.Thanks again perry.
Jameslye
Jameslye
General
General

http://www.lebainspa.info

Back to top Go down

Post by frankielim Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Perry , your photos Rock !

frankielim
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by LIEW IU LUNG Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm

nw i realized that many sea creatures i didnt c b4~a nice sea knowledge for me~
LIEW IU LUNG
LIEW IU LUNG
Captain
Captain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brendon-Liew-Photography/210105809

Back to top Go down

Post by perrygan Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Frankie and IU Lung:

I am humbled by your kind words of compliments and encouragements! Thanks! And i am all itched over for another round of diving session.....

perrygan
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down