Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
Outdoor protraits shooting tips. I_vote_lcapOutdoor protraits shooting tips. I_voting_barOutdoor protraits shooting tips. I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
Outdoor protraits shooting tips. I_vote_lcapOutdoor protraits shooting tips. I_voting_barOutdoor protraits shooting tips. I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

Outdoor protraits shooting tips.

3 posters

Go down

Outdoor protraits shooting tips. Empty Outdoor protraits shooting tips.

Post by Jameslye Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:53 am

Shooting portrait in outdoor settings is often challenging because it can be difficult to control the light the way you want. This is particularly the case for sunny days. You can find a good background but the Sun is casting the lights from a awkward direction that causes ugly shadows or hash highlights. Sometimes fill flash or a reflector helps but nothing beats a perfectly natural lighting condition. So, what is the best portrait shooting light condition?

Actually, the best light for outdoor portrait shooting is when there is a uniform overcast. The sky is essentially a giant softbox. It causes no shadow or only weak shadow, and you can shoot from any direction you’d like. The contrast in the scene is easy to handle. You can make both the subject and the background look pleasant.

If you have no choice but to shoot in a sunny day, try to put your subject in a shade or shadow. If you go to visit a professional photographer’s gallery, you will notice many of the outdoor portraits are done this way.

Another tips to use an appropriate lens. Wide angle lenses (<50mm) are good for group shots but it can cause distortion of facial features to make your subject look weird when shooting close up portraits. It is also difficult to control the background. The longer the focal length, the easier it is to blur and isolate the background. Another factor to consider is the aperture. It needs to be small enough so every parts of of the photo need to be sharp are sharp but you also want to minimize it to control the depth of field (DOF). A lens like 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom is a great choice. Other popular portrait lenses are 85mm and 105mm large aperture prime lenses.
Jameslye
Jameslye
General
General

http://www.lebainspa.info

Back to top Go down

Outdoor protraits shooting tips. Empty Re: Outdoor protraits shooting tips.

Post by simmon Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 am

Great info James cheers hey, this sounds like self poison to you lol! lol!
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by derricklim Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:44 am

great thing bro..

i thing to clarify with you. refering to your phase that we must use small aperture. do you refer to small aperture opening (f2.8>f4) or small numerical (f2.8<f4)?

Smile
derricklim
derricklim
Colonel
Colonel

http://de-pixeldesigns.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down