Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. I_vote_lcap[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. I_voting_bar[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. I_vote_lcap[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. I_voting_bar[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion.

5 posters

Go down

[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. Empty [Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion.

Post by CY Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:48 pm

I found this useful piece of information from PhotoMalaysia. Full credit goes to calvinfoo.

Sanyo Eneloop vs PowerEx Imedion

[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. Batter11

Instead of all-talk-no-prove, I came out with a review and experiment on Eneloop and Imedion stress test, to find out which one is the better choice.

As I googled the Internet and Forums, I found mixed result, some people claims Eneloop performs better, and some claims otherwise. Therefore I decided to do an experiment on both of these batteries to find out which one is a BETTER PERFORMER and better for investment.

Objective: To find out the better performer battery

Items:
1. Four pieces of Sanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh NiMH Battery
2. Four pieces of PowerEx Imedion AA 2100mAh NiMH Battery
3. Nikon Speedlight SB-800
4. Remote Flash Trigger
5. Process recording device (Sony DSC-P10)

Methodology:
1. Fully Charge the battery
2. Insert battery into Nikon Speedlight SB800
3. Nikon Speedlight SB-800 set to M 1/4 -oEV
4. Fire the Speedlight as soon as it is ready (when the red light is on)
5. Repeat step #3 until the battery is completely depleted
6. Record the following:
a. X number of shots per minute after X number of shots
b. Total shots per charge
7. Repeat the process with next set of battery

To ensure both battery both are in identical optimal condition, I bought both new set of Eneloop and Imedion. RM60 for 4 pcs of Eneloop, and RM45 for Imedion. Both sets are new and fully charged for 8 hours as recommended by manufacturer for initial use with the same PowerEx MH-C204W Travel Charger before begin the test.

Please refer to the graph in the attachment.

I started off with Eneloop with a recorded blazing fast 60 round per minute (rpm). It drops to 53rpm after the first 100 shots, and then it drops further to 52rpm after 200 shots. It stabilized at average of 45rpm from 300 shots to 1300 shots. It drops to 39rpm at 1400 shots and drops further to 37rpm after 1500 shots. Finally it drops sharply but still managed to squeeze a total recorded 1564 shots. Pretty impressive for first round.

I followed by Imedion immediately. At the initial minute it has a noticeable lower refresh rate compared with Eneloop and I recorded a 51rpm for the first minute, lower than Eneloop 9rpm. It then dropped 20% performance to 42rpm after the first 100 shots. After 200 shots, it stabilized at average of 39rpm from 200 shots to 1200 shots (compared to 45rpm Eneloop). It drops slightly to 36rpm after 1300 shots to 1500 shots. Then it drops further down to 17rpm after 1600 shots. Finally it is completely depleted at 1660 shots.

Conclusion:
Eneloop completed at 1564 shoots and Imedion completed at 1660, approximately 100 shots more than Eneloop, which is pretty much expected as it is a 2100mAh vs 2000mAh, with approximately 5% extra power. For a fair comparison, I only benchmark up to 1500 shots, which is already beyond what average number of photos a person can take on a whole day event (with speedlight)

On cycle performance point of view, Eneloop out performed Imedion from 4rpm to 14rpm with an amazing everage of 6rpm on a consistant performance.

In this experiment, I concluded that the Sanyo Eneloop is a better performer than PowerEx Imedion, at least in speedlight point of view.

Any taker for my only-used-once-for-experiment Imedion?

Complete test report at: http://www.calvinstudio.net/?p=472

Last edited by CY on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
CY
CY
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

Back to top Go down

[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. Empty Re: [Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion.

Post by Fred Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:33 pm

Hmmm.... very good sharing there... I am just about to get another set of rechargable Batt.. and i think enelop would be my choice there... hehehe....
Fred
Fred
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

[Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion. Empty Re: [Review] Rechargeable battery comparison, Eneloop versus Imedion.

Post by jackyphang Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 am

Question: Can i buy only eneloop batteries and use my Sony AA batteries chargers? I m currently using Sony AA rechargeble 1800mAH.

Thinking to buy extra batt but dun intend to keep so many chargers.

so, guys, pls advise!
jackyphang
jackyphang
Captain
Captain

http://ruiten.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksonccs Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 am

U don1 the charger?? Then i take the charger can?? Im using energizer 2100mah battery, can use this charger right?
jacksonccs
jacksonccs
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by chongwk Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 am

it is always best to use branded batteries on their respective brand chargers
sony battery use use sony charger
eneloop batteries use eneloop charger - and there is a faint hissing sound

unless you are using chapalang brand of batteries with chapalang brand of chargers, then OK
chongwk
chongwk
Captain
Captain

http://chongwaikong.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CY Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 am

No, you don't need to use back the same brand of charger/battery combination. No side effects actually, its like using a Maha Powerex to charge Eneloops/Sony/GP etc.
CY
CY
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksonccs Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:05 am

My charger spoil ad... I want buy a charger... If jacky don1 the charger, then i take the charger...
jacksonccs
jacksonccs
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by CY Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Jackson, if you looking for charger only can opt for maybe the Maha Powerex ones. They make good and reliable chargers.
CY
CY
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down