Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos I_vote_lcapWedding photographers being sued for lousy photos I_voting_barWedding photographers being sued for lousy photos I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos I_vote_lcapWedding photographers being sued for lousy photos I_voting_barWedding photographers being sued for lousy photos I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos

+5
CY
jackyphang
Hanne
Jameslye
maxgoh
9 posters

Go down

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Empty Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos

Post by maxgoh Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Bride and gloom: Newlyweds win £1,500 compensation after disastrous wedding photographs ruin their big day

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 9:19 AM on 07th October 2009

Marc and Sylvia Day don't spend much time flicking through their wedding album.
And looking at these pictures, you can see why.
Heads are chopped off, angles are askew and in many shots you would be hard pressed to spot the bride.

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Article-1218248-06B5039C000005DC-852_634x950
Not-so-happy couple: Marc and Sylvia Day in one of Gareth Bowers' shoddy snaps

Add unfortunate positioning and poor lighting and you have a day that is unforgettable for all the wrong reasons.
If that wasn't bad enough, thankyou cards provided for the newlyweds to send to their guests are emblazoned with their misspelled names.
This was the work of photographer Gareth Bowers from Fresh Images who charged them £1,450 for the privilege.
The results were so dire that the Days sued him for damages
Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Article-1218248-06B5015B000005DC-155_634x422
Missing something: Mrs Day arrives at church, but the driver has half a head

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Article-1218248-06B504CC000005DC-271_634x382
Do you take this woman as your wife? He might if he could see her

Last week a judge in the county court in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, agreed, saying Bowers's service was 'woefully inadequate'. He was ordered to reimburse the couple £500 and pay £450 damages, £170 court fees and £100 compensation.
Bowers refused to comment after the case. The Days, however, have plenty to say. 'Some of those memories we will never get back again,' Mr Day said.
'He is the Don Quixote of wedding photography - he just doesn't believe that he can't do it.'

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Article-1218248-06B503F5000005DC-357_634x363
Say cheese: But they don't seem to realise it's a formal shot

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Article-1218248-06B50421000005DC-210_634x421
There goes the bride: But at a rather stomach-churning angle

The Days examined the work of photographers at 11 wedding fairs before choosing Bowers to photograph and video the wedding on August 24 last year.
But the day was one disaster after another.
'The videographer missed us turning up at the reception so he filmed the driver opening the car door with nobody inside it,' Mrs Day said. 'Bowers also missed the cutting of the cake and you can see how angry I'm getting on the wedding video - I even do a psycho slashing knife action, which I can't believe they left in.'
But nothing could compare to the moment the couple sat down to look through the 400 photographs taken. They managed to find a mere 22 they didn't mind too much.

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Article-1218248-06B533C8000005DC-923_634x373
Final insult: 'Thank you' cards provided for the newlyweds by the photographer to send to their guests are emblazoned with their misspelled names

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Article-1218248-06B52B26000005DC-770_634x442_popup
Exhibit 1: The compiled evidence of the poor photos that were shown to the judge
maxgoh
maxgoh
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.maxgohphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Empty Re: Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos

Post by Jameslye Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:51 pm

all out of focus,no theme.......what say you?
Jameslye
Jameslye
General
General

http://www.lebainspa.info

Back to top Go down

Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos Empty Re: Wedding photographers being sued for lousy photos

Post by Hanne Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:04 pm

maybe this photographer got different taste of angle ,who knows?? Very Happy
Hanne
Hanne
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by jackyphang Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:36 pm

hahahaha...mebbe they choose those lousy photos gua... try to squeeze money lo...
jackyphang
jackyphang
Captain
Captain

http://ruiten.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CY Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Now I feel I don't shoot that bad Razz.
CY
CY
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Although it's his problem shooting that badly but still a little bit kesian him... wad a poor guy there...
Fred
Fred
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by simmon Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Old couple....old taste lol!
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anthonychew Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Jameslye wrote:all out of focus,no theme.......what say you?
In Europe they can sue, I wonder how come couples here don't - maybe it's more expensive to sue the photographer for damages than ask him to return the fees.

Don't laugh at the above photos please, I've seen many newbies & amateurs shot weddings, especially pre-weddings like that. The secret is ... the photographers shot them 'for fun' : he takes hundreds of shots and pass to the couple, out of hundreds there are definitely more than a dozen that are worth keeping. If the photographer charge the couple and came up with lousy shots, he can tell the couple "What you want for few hundred Ringgit? If you want professional photos, pay PROFESSIONAL fees-lah!" and if the couple still complain, he can say "Nah, here is your money, you can keep the photos, I have a fulltime job and I dun need the money".

Couples who do not want to pay professional fees (or at least market price) should not complain. Even if the photographers can come up with hundreds of shots of other couples he had done before, it's still OTHER couples, see the difference? Let me explain ...

Some family are very jovial and expressive, some couples marry very late due to 'no choice' and some very young due to 'no choice' also at times, hence the environmental difference - the family are less jovial and just wanna get the wedding ceremony over and done with. On the other hand, couples and families which are more jovial and expressive are far easier to shoot - you see the smiling, the laughing, even the tears of joy, etc.

Remember, professional fees are NOT for anyone to push down! Try and bargain workmanship charges with a car mechanic and see ... the next thing you know it, the parts installed will fall off 5km down the road and the damage is even more!

There are newbies who asked me "I wanna shoot my colleagues' wedding but I am not confident, I wanna try because he is paying me abit" and my answer to him is "If he doesn't have an official photographer and he is relying on you, don't go ... don't f*ck up people's wedding because you're creating eternal memories which people will long cherish and what they don't wanna keep is ALL YOUR MISTAKES".
anthonychew
anthonychew
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameslye Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 am

anthonychew wrote:
There are newbies who asked me "I wanna shoot my colleagues' wedding but I am not confident, I wanna try because he is paying me abit" and my answer to him is "If he doesn't have an official photographer and he is relying on you, don't go ... don't f*ck up people's wedding because you're creating eternal memories which people will long cherish and what they don't wanna keep is ALL YOUR MISTAKES".

I agree with you Anthony Smile it is also pressure for da newbies to deal with the situation.
Jameslye
Jameslye
General
General

http://www.lebainspa.info

Back to top Go down

Post by changshong Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:56 pm

mm.. yes yes.. must give ppl good service and good photos...
changshong
changshong
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by anthonychew Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Jameslye wrote:I agree with you Anthony Smile it is also pressure for da newbies to deal with the situation.
What I am trying to imply is that a wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event for a couple (unless it's Hollywood where you definitely wanna marry more than once!). If you think you can pull this off with a entry level body, a kit lens and pop-up flash, then by all means go ahead, but if you have no experience in fluid situations and candid moments, then what you're trying to do is directly ruining the entire occasion. You are not only taking photos, you are creating enternal memories.
anthonychew
anthonychew
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down