Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
History of you & your DSLR I_vote_lcapHistory of you & your DSLR I_voting_barHistory of you & your DSLR I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
History of you & your DSLR I_vote_lcapHistory of you & your DSLR I_voting_barHistory of you & your DSLR I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

History of you & your DSLR

+4
cj
simmon
Fred
jackyphang
8 posters

Go down

History of you & your DSLR Empty History of you & your DSLR

Post by jackyphang Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Let's share what/whom make you buy DSLR? Laughing
jackyphang
jackyphang
Captain
Captain

http://ruiten.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

History of you & your DSLR Empty Re: History of you & your DSLR

Post by jackyphang Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:38 pm

I buy DSLR because an incident during my trip to cambodia in 2007. I was using my 720SW Olympus DC. I am very satisfied because this camera can we drop, can masuk air, anti shake, yet took good pictures.

I brought my tripod along with me during exploring angkor wat, i was waiting to take sunset moment, so, i early early got a good view, fix my tripod and my dear little DC and cover it using a towel. Because the weather is too hot, i cover it la. But then, more n more crowded the place. Many DSLR user, bigger camera, long long lens standing beside me. When it is time, i remove my towel, and ready to take photos, standing beside me there is a guy using DSLR, saw my camera with a tripod, laugh at me...

History of you & your DSLR 100_1610
Not these guys la...just to share that moment's situation...

TMD, damn dulan, so i tell myself, when i got enough money, i will buy a DSLR and take pictures, and hell yeah, with my tripod...

So, after one year, which is AUG 2008, i bought myself a Sony DSLR, they are the cheapest liao! And i use till now...hahahah

Tat's my story! So, let me listen to yours...
jackyphang
jackyphang
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Mine is rather simple and less dramatic. The main purpose to get a camera is to record down all the beautiful moment and scene I saw. Then my 1st camera is the Olympus SP570UZ which I think it’s quite adequate to suit my purposes. I think it’s around OCT last year. I was a happy man with it’s 20X Zoom by that time until I came across some limitation in it and decided to switch to a DSLR. So I squeeze every drip of my money and eventually get myself a second hand E-410 middle of July this year and live happily ever after…Smile
Fred
Fred
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by simmon Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm

My side ar...a bit long story.

Aviation is my passion since young. Love watching aircraft regardless what type especially with fleet.

Till end of 2006, when i join a forum about aviation. Really amired those beautiful pictures of aircrafts approaching runway, rotation and taxi-ing posted by the aviation enthusiats. So my plan was to join them the following anniversary gathering.

During June 2007(2nd Anniversary) when the big day comes, i went and joint them. There were about 30 members and most of them armed with dSLR + telelens. I was there with just a P&S Sony H1....seriously, nobody laugh Razz It was not too bad at all and at least i got some best moment caught. I was delighted to have met them and was looking forward for the following anniversay.

After that, dSLR was stuck in my mind all the time. Use to look around at shopping center until i spotted Nikon D60 3 days before the 3rd Anniversary gathering. Why i buy D60, coz budget ma....but i ended up with an additional lens, 70-300mm f4.5 Laughing

Till November 2008, i bought another dSLR, Nikon D300......cheers

Last edited by simmon on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jackyphang Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:43 am

Hahahah...good share good share...
jackyphang
jackyphang
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by cj Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:51 am

impressive stories from u guys.. thanks for sharing...

jacky, so good to have SLR right? so what is ur reaction now if you see others with their compact camera? will you make them buy SLR? ^^
cj
cj
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by simmon Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:07 am

hmm....nobody else wants to share their story?
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CY Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:08 am

My story on how I took up photography is quite normal.

I've been a PnS user all the while, have used Olympus, Canon and Nikon PnS (Only have not tried Sony because they are usually more pricey). Last year during my university prom night, took many pictures but then not exactly satisfied with the quality. Then when graduating time, also took pictures with friends and all, also not very satisfied Sad. But within my group there's a few with DSLR, whom impressed me with the quality of the picture.

Then I've decided to invest in a DSLR to capture moments and having photography as my hobby. I started surveying for camera during August 2009 PC Fair in Melaka. Almost bought a Olympus, not quite sure which model but it cost below RM3k for dual kit lens. But I've a close friend who advised me against it by explaining to me. And then further surveying make me eyed on the Nikon D60 instead. But then again, increased budget and then began surveying D5000 or D90 haha!. After I've compared the pros and cons, I finally aimed at a D90. But then when I went to survey at RS Digital, the boss was trying to sell me Canon 40D. Then again, another choice lo. After surveying again and weighting the pros and cons, I still got the D90. Destined to be a dark sider cheers

PS. Like writing essay la haha!
CY
CY
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by jackyphang Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:46 pm

cj wrote:impressive stories from u guys.. thanks for sharing...

jacky, so good to have SLR right? so what is ur reaction now if you see others with their compact camera? will you make them buy SLR? ^^

no la, i dun care la. DC oso can take good pix one la, sometimes...hehehe.

But there is one time one little gal make me angry, we were shooting make up show and we occupied the front with our gear. then there is a gal telling me to excuse, and bring out a DC... really !%^#$^#!$...
jackyphang
jackyphang
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyk Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:21 pm

On my side of story, I wasn't into photography until last year. maybe due to none of my circle of friends play with camera.
But like everyone else, bought a Sony T33 due to its appearance and for holiday use....don't even know how to use the function in it...most of the time my wife teach me how to change the function...LoL.
But i like to snap photos and always be the cameraman on every function for the fun of it. Never ever thought to buy DSLR coz feel that it would cost a bomb to me (never even check the price..hahah).
Until last year in Mahkota Parade...there's camera fair and some salesgirl pass me a brochure of camera and feel that DSLR is not that expensive anyhow...but still not convinced to get one.
Until when i took one of my wife fren's wedding morning session (for fun).She has another fren taking for her using D80. Look at his pics....wow so sharp compared to my T33...hahaha...
Not long....in April 2009, start surveying for DSLR (after manage to convince my wife that we can use it for our future vacation...LOL). Was looking for entry level as budget and also feel that it's sufficient and don't plan to upgrade the gears......so landed Nikon D60 due to it's looks and shutter sound.
Was very satisfied with D60 until one day my friend borrow me his company D300 camera (with 18-200mm lens) for 3 days.....It was a very good camera in term of performance and its sharpness!!!But anyhow, still managed to control myself until one day help my fren to take her wedding morning session (as back-up.She has a pro photographer).....feel that there's limitation on D60 especially in indoor. At that time was comparing to D300 performance.
Fast forward.....then landed the 40D as there's a good price from Ah Goh..thanks!!! and also my dream camera D300 was out of my budget (although my love still on Nikon...hahaha). Of course, were surveying on 40D before in term of its performance and especially like the body grip feel...
Until today still satisfied with my 40D and looking forward NOT to upgrade anymore gears after latest addition of flash..LOL

And sad to say....I'm on the bright side d....... Smile
dannyk
dannyk
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 am

Wow... Interesting~ Let's keep it rolling guys... Wink We are all "You Gu Shi De Ren" ( the person with stories) Muahahhaa...
Fred
Fred
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by TK Tan Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:19 pm

I was in UK last year, studying in Liverpool to be exact.

At that time, none of the students in my class owns a DSLR except for 1 dude. And one of my tutor was crazy about photography and held a photography contest for his students. The themes are: "Best of UK" & "Best of Liverpool"

At that time, i was only using a point and shoot camera but I managed to win the competition under "Best of UK". At that time, I have very minimum knowledge on photography.

After winning, he gave me a book. This hooks me into the world of photography.

Since then, I keep on study everything about photography and my final decision was to get a DSLR in Feb this year.
TK Tan
TK Tan
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexgan Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 pm

i love photography since i was young, but dun have the chance to get to know it in more detail. always envy those ppl who holding "big sup bowl" camera. all the while is only use digital camera.

last yr August, me n my wife n her family went to Bali, that time i am using Olympus digital camera. the scenery is so nice, but with digital i can't take nice scenery or portraits, make me so upset.

after few weeks come back from Bali, one day when i reach home after work, i saw a big XXX photo shop paper bag in my study room, SURPRISE!!! is a Canon 450D DSLR!!! my lovely wife curi curi bought it for me!! from that day onwards, i start to pick up my photography knowledge & skill, buy magazine, try n error, coz i dun have many frn gila photography with DSLR. still feel pretty good with this camera, n bought Canon 50mm f/1.8 & Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8.

this is how i own a DSLR. thanks to my lovely wife, n now she is soon going to give another priceless precious present... Alex Jr... the little one.... smile
Alexgan
Alexgan
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Hmmm... I'm sure you are really supprise and happy to have the present after work. This story did encourage me to go to work every coz might be one day going back from work i can get a E-3 as a present... Hehehe....
Fred
Fred
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down