Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) I_vote_lcapSome lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) I_voting_barSome lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) I_vote_lcapSome lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) I_voting_barSome lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :)

+6
Li Ren
cj
maxgoh
CY
simmon
khooyang
10 posters

Go down

Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) Empty Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :)

Post by khooyang Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 am

Some landscape & travel images. I'm a beginner, so...feel free to criticize Smile
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) _DSC7353
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) _DSC7708
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) _DSC8196
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) _DSC6543
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) _DSC7684

Last edited by jonathan on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FOR NUMBERING PIX)

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) Empty Re: Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :)

Post by simmon Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 am

Hi Khooyang, the pics are great especially No.2

** For your future uploads, please number the pics.
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) Empty Re: Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :)

Post by khooyang Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:47 am

simmon wrote:Hi Khooyang, the pics are great especially No.2

** For your future uploads, please number the pics.

Noted with thanks.

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by CY Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 am

#1 really long exposure? I can see the crowds walking.

Thumbs up for this series, really nice colors and landscaping. The skies color is vibrant!
CY
CY
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by maxgoh Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:56 am

=.= thats considered beginner? well done khooyang~~~ nice series u have here
maxgoh
maxgoh
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.maxgohphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 pm

CY wrote:#1 really long exposure? I can see the crowds walking.

Thumbs up for this series, really nice colors and landscaping. The skies color is vibrant!

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, you are right. #1 is long exposure. I put a ND4 filter and then set the aperture to F18, and this is why although there are people walking by, it only capture them as if they are a shadow. I used to call this image resonance. Because the people is like bouncing front and back. This is also my main mission for this image to show some live because long exposure can be quite dull without some movements.

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:16 pm

maxgoh wrote:=.= thats considered beginner? well done khooyang~~~ nice series u have here

Hi Max, you have many nice photos. I enjoy seeing them. I am not good at portrait because portrait need lots of considerations, especially light, and angles. I am learning from you guys! Also you have some nice HDRs on landscape Smile.

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by cj Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:43 pm

khooyang, welcome here...

nice series you have here.. hehe... all very nice, i love #5 the most, that's queen vic building right?

hope to see more from you... ^^
cj
cj
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by maxgoh Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 pm

khooyang wrote:
Hi Max, you have many nice photos. I enjoy seeing them. I am not good at portrait because portrait need lots of considerations, especially light, and angles. I am learning from you guys! Also you have some nice HDRs on landscape Smile.

hi khooyong, hahaha ur HDR is better than mine ler~~~ so sharp and the color damn good~~ find one day we all go shoot together in melaka....
maxgoh
maxgoh
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.maxgohphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simmon Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 pm

He is a beginner but a very talented one cheers
simmon
simmon
Space Ensign
Space Ensign

http://simmoncheong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Li Ren Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:54 pm

I love #3 the most cheers
Li Ren
Li Ren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Avex Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 pm

i love no4 da most...i luv da nature feel n colour it has...i would say u r more than a beginner=)

Avex
Colonel
Colonel

http://avexism.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LIEW IU LUNG Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:12 pm

nice photos =D
the colors are rich and attracting ~
thanks for sharing~
LIEW IU LUNG
LIEW IU LUNG
Captain
Captain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brendon-Liew-Photography/210105809

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:17 am

Yes you are right, CJ. That's QVB in Sydney. I was a tourist there and I regret not having enough time and enough shot in this wonderful building.

Thank you all for the nice comments. Greatly appreciated. I'll keep going with more picture. I am now finding new places to shoot :>.

For the below image, I have some problems with the setting of my camera. I am not used to and not familiar with my camera. I use the conventional standard setting, and results in a cold picture. After this i adjusted my temperature. Just to share with you keen photographers. This is a long exposure. I use 1/2 1/2 ratio because there are some rocks and clouds that I want to emphasize. But it's too dull and passive for long exposure, so I add a flying gull in PS Smile.
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) DSC_5599_RB_2_good

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by kokwai Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20 am

the color of the photo is original or edited?
mind to share ur photo setting?
thy...

kokwai
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:29 am

kokwai wrote:the color of the photo is original or edited?
mind to share ur photo setting?
thy...

Hi Kokwai,

I done some editing to the image. For 6, I first mask the skies, and then select and sharpen it with filter. If you want, you can also fine tune the colors. Also, I create a new overlay layer and put it as a background. Then color with 7% opacity black brush to bring out the orange skies. Finally, I added a single gull flying towards the sea, following the direction of the cloud Smile.

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by kokwai Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 am

wa...is a complicated editing...have time wan to learn with u...

kokwai
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by timothy Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:46 pm

woah.....love ur pics

my comment is your seaside pics...the horizon is too center....try to apply rule of third...can try shoot in vertical also..see the image below, its a gif of 2 pics

Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) Rivertree_thirds_md

and ur number 3 is too orange....some people might not accept it...for me still ok....its personal preference.....
timothy
timothy
Captain
Captain

http://timothyphotoblog.blogspot.com/  https://www.facebook.com/p

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm

timothy wrote:woah.....love ur pics

my comment is your seaside pics...the horizon is too center....try to apply rule of third...can try shoot in vertical also..see the image below, its a gif of 2 pics

Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) Rivertree_thirds_md

and ur number 3 is too orange....some people might not accept it...for me still ok....its personal preference.....

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the tips Smile You are right as you need a subject or main focus in one image. Make it ground or skies...:p

For non-effect skies like this: http://www.redbubble.com/people/passtube/art/5319562-2-sun-rise-at-eastern-beach, I made it almost 2/3, concentrating on the ground and water. But I am not satisfy with this because due to space limitation, I could not focus on further bridge. I regret, but I can't do anything or else, I will miss the rocks. But also, this image is too orange.....terrible....you are going to drive me mad... Smile

Also you are right that I have made the color of 3 saturated. I made it to attract attentions.: http://www.redbubble.com/groups/nikon-dslr-users-group/featured_works

But I agree with you that I won't look at it too long ..... Smile I will make some natural picture and not too artificial.

Thanks again for your constructive comments.

Last edited by khooyang on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by timothy Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:10 pm

haha...kk....btw, what is this redbubble about?
timothy
timothy
Captain
Captain

http://timothyphotoblog.blogspot.com/  https://www.facebook.com/p

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi Tim,

Just like Flickr, it's a website for you to post some of your images. You can sell them or you can ask for print out from Redbueel in US.

I just post there for fun...Smile

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by cj Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 pm

khooyang wrote:Yes you are right, CJ. That's QVB in Sydney. I was a tourist there and I regret not having enough time and enough shot in this wonderful building.

Thank you all for the nice comments. Greatly appreciated. I'll keep going with more picture. I am now finding new places to shoot :>.

For the below image, I have some problems with the setting of my camera. I am not used to and not familiar with my camera. I use the conventional standard setting, and results in a cold picture. After this i adjusted my temperature. Just to share with you keen photographers. This is a long exposure. I use 1/2 1/2 ratio because there are some rocks and clouds that I want to emphasize. But it's too dull and passive for long exposure, so I add a flying gull in PS Smile.
Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) DSC_5599_RB_2_good

wah... this is the kind of sunset i am looking for.. thanks for sharing... reading how you edit this.... didn't know the seagull is a fake... haha

as timothy said, if u can just increase abit more foreground detail that will be really great... however it's still a very wonderful shot..

did you use filter? how long your exposure? mind to share your settings?
cj
cj
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by cj Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:42 pm

after seeing your photo at redbubble.. i know you~!... hehehe

same uni mate...
cj
cj
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Now, I am back from work. Finally have time to sit infront of my computer, starts editing this image. Following Tim's suggestions, I cropped the image! Wow...!!! The MAGIC comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks, TIM!

Some lanscapes and travel. Hope you like it :) DSC_5599_RB_2_good-1

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by khooyang Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:04 pm

cj wrote:after seeing your photo at redbubble.. i know you~!... hehehe

same uni mate...

Hi CJ,

I think I know you. What's your full name? For this image, I just owe my camera for 2 months (I got them on CNY when back in KL). I still waiting my ND400 and Hoya filters to arrive. I bought them from Ebay. But at that moment, I already got Kenko ND4 and ND6 and a polarizer. So, I used them all and then finally manage to set this to about 60sec. Aperture at F22, which is actually quite stupid because according to lens information, this is terribly distorted!

I am watching some lighning technique from Louis Pang...hopefully I can improve. Also learning from you guys...

khooyang
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down