Photonian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 303 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am
Latest topics
» for sale Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 32GB-$400elogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

» for sale Apple iPhone 6 16GB — $450USDelogailmezoo@gmail.com
by clark123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

» F/S Apple iPhone 6 16GB New Factory Unlocked $375
by kainelag9 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 pm

» For Sale Unlocked Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus 16GB/64G/128GB $800
by mjohnvictor01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

» Canon EOS 5D Mark III , Nikon D800E 36.3MP (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Samsung Galaxy S5,BLACKBERRY PORSCHE DESIGN P9981 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 am

» Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB,Apple iPad 4 (bestbuysales00@gmail.com)
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

» Original Apple Iphone 5S 64GB Unlocked $350
by dorome Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

» Indian Landscape & Travel Photography
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

» Can TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood meet your standard?(www.ausgolfsets.com)
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

» You can definitely run away with Callaway RAZR X(www.e-shopfair.co.uk) PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable with the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open being held on the same [url=http://www.e-shopfair.co.uk/Callaway-RAZR-X-Irons-for-sale-1175.htm
by Lindas888 Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

» FS : Brand new Apple iPhone 5 64gb, Blaclberry Porsh..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Get the brand new Apple Tablet iPad 2 16GB(Wi-Fi + 3G) for sale..contact us at(goodsales03@gmail.com)
by larry001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

» Nikon price list
by angelaz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Top posters
simmon (5065)
makeup sense - lastly for face, is blush! I_vote_lcapmakeup sense - lastly for face, is blush! I_voting_barmakeup sense - lastly for face, is blush! I_vote_rcap 
CY (4153)
makeup sense - lastly for face, is blush! I_vote_lcapmakeup sense - lastly for face, is blush! I_voting_barmakeup sense - lastly for face, is blush! I_vote_rcap 
maxgoh (2938)
jonathan (1520)
Jameslye (1072)
Fred (964)
Hanne (935)
derricklim (791)
changshong (721)
Avex (656)

makeup sense - lastly for face, is blush!

Go down

makeup sense - lastly for face, is blush! Empty makeup sense - lastly for face, is blush!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Blush
Blush makeup is used to simulate a natural glow and must look subtle. However, there are many ways to apply blush so that you not only add vivacity to your complexion, but also amplify your facial structure or correct your apparent face shape.

In this article you will learn:

•how to choose textures that work with your other makeup.
•which are the most flattering hues for your skin tone.
•how to emphasise or modify your face shape with blush.

Texture
Blush may come as a cream, gel (mousse), or powder. Cream or gel blush has better staying power, while powder blush comes in larger variety of shades. On bare skin or over foundation you may use any texture, according to your preference; however, if you use facial powder, then applying powder blush on top is your only choice.

Products with a dual function—such as blush and lip colour—are designed to accelerate makeup application. However, these products are more properly classified as stain rather than blush, because staining is exactly what they do. Stain as a blush may be a good choice for oily skin, but it doesn’t usually contain the oils essential for hydration and well-being of the lips.

Colour
Your choice of blush colour will firstly depend on your complexion—light, medium, or dark—and secondly on the look you want to achieve—fresh or structured, natural or made-up.

If you wish to add some freshness and a healthy glow to your face, choose a shade from the cool palette. Any kind of pink is a good choice for lighter complexions, while cool berries and plum shades will work for deeper skin tones. Don’t use cool blush with lipsticks in brown or orange shades.

Warm-coloured blush with orange undertones is best for contouring the cheeks, giving definition to the face. Choose a shade ranging from delicate apricot, for a fair complexion, to burnt orange, for a deep skin tone. Don’t use brown or orange blush with lipsticks in cool shades.

Shades between the cool and warm palettes are universal; they suit any complexion, and go with any lip colour. Peachy for light skin, rosewood for medium skin, or red for dark or black skin; these are a must-have for every woman.
Natural shades such as nude, beige, or brown are mostly neutral or warm-coloured. They have a low concentration of red pigments, and are therefore well-suited to application all over the cheeks, essentially serving as bronzers rather than blushers.

If you really know what you are doing, you may use two blushers; a dark warm or natural shade for contouring, and a light pink or neutral shade to add a healthy glow. Blush with light shimmer will add luminosity to your face, and looks especially good with evening makeup, but don’t overdo it on oily skin or plump cheeks.

Application
Liquid or creamy blush is usually applied with the fingers on bare skin or on top of foundation. Powder blush is applied with a medium-sized flat brush on top of your facial powder. You may apply powder blush on bare skin or over foundation, but be sure to take the blush sparingly on a very soft brush so it doesn’t streak. Add a thin layer and blend to see how you like the brightness, then add more if necessary (you may use a different shade) and blend again.

Warm-coloured contouring blush can be used to add definition to your face. Simply apply below your cheek-apples down to (but never in) the hollow, then blend up toward the temples in the shape of a crescent. You will need to practice this technique, but the structured look you achieve will be worth the effort.

To complement an oval face, apply blush on top of your cheek-apples in the shape of a slanted triangle.

To make a short face look longer, start an oblong stroke below nose level, finishing up at the temple near your hairline. Blush should be applied in a long and slightly curved line, away from the centre of the face.

To make a long face look shorter, apply blush across your cheeks starting at the mid-nose level, then blend it upward and downward. Blush should be applied in a shape of a soft triangle, close to the centre of your face.

Back to top Go down